Benefis Sletten Cancer Institute
The Benefis Sletten Cancer Institute is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art cancer centers in the Northwest, uniquely designed to treat the mind, body and spirit of cancer patients, their families and their friends.
The Sletten Cancer Institute provides expert care and access to the most advanced cancer treatment, research and technology as well as a truly progressive approach to preventing and diagnosing cancer. The SCI is the future for cancer care.
Sletten Companies and their employees donated more than $1.3 million dollars for the cancer care center. As a result of this generous contribution, the center was named the Sletten Cancer Institute.
"This is by far the largest contribution Sletten Companies has ever made, and we are proud to be a part of the cancer center,” said Sletten Companies President Erik Sletten.
Benefis Health System Foundation's "Lighting the Path with Compassion and Care" capital campaign to raise funds for the cancer center ended in December 2005 and brought in more than $6 million, including the gift from Sletten Companies as well as the $750,000 Kresge Grant. Additionally, Benefis Foundation gave $2 million from the Ray & Helen Fretz bequest and another $816,000, giving Benefis a total to $8.8 million for the center, surpassing the goal of $8.5 million originally set for the campaign.
Donors have many opportunities to support the Benefis Sletten Cancer Institute so the cancer care center can continue providing expert compassionate care and offering the latest in medicine and technology.
- Give a donation through Benefis Health System Foundation
- You can donate online through this site (click the "Donate Now" button at the top of the page). You also can send your donation by mail to: Benefis Health System Foundation, P.O. Box 7008, Great Falls, MT 59406-7008. Please note "Benefis Sletten Cancer Institute" in the memo.
- Purchase a paver in the SCI walkway
- Volunteer your time or talents
- The SCI is looking for compassionate and dedicated volunteers to assist staff as well as patients and their families. The center also needs volunteers who can make hats, comfort caps and pillows for the Reflections Salon & Image Center; the items are given free of charge to all patients. For more information about volunteering, call the SCI at (406) 731-8200.