Chronic Care Management
According to the Centers for Disease Control, one in four adults – more than 133 million Americans – are affected by multiple chronic health conditions. These patients need proper care coordination from multiple specialists, in order to help them manage their conditions. Effective care management requires more than just an occasional face-to-face patient encounter.
Benefis Hospitals new Chronic Care Management program is for Medicare beneficiaries who live with multiple chronic health conditions. The goal of the program is to improve communication between patients and their care team, ensuring that a comprehensive, collaborative care plan is created and implemented.
By enrolling in the Benefis Chronic Care Management program, your care team:
- talks to you by phone or electronically about your symptoms
- helps coordinate visits and appointments with all doctors, facilities, lab, radiology and testing services
- helps with the management of your medications, and
- provides you with a comprehensive care plan.
The mission of the Chronic Care Management program is to empower you, the consumer, to achieve optimal independence in chronic illness self-management through continuous education and support by a dedicated care team.
As a Medicare beneficiary, you may qualify for the Benefis Chronic Care Management program if you have two or more chronic diseases or illnesses, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia
- Arthritis (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid)
- Atrial fibrillation
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Failure
- Ischemic heart disease
Helping you to manage your most chronic diseases will help to improve your health, lower healthcare costs and provide you an improved quality life. Enroll today in the Benefis Chronic Care Management program and receive appropriate, coordinated care.
To find out more, contact your primary care provider or call 406-731-8320 today.